Here is a list of road and lane closings in the Akron area:
Major highways abruptly closed: None.
Other road construction:
• Third Avenue bridge, between Innovation Way and Kelly Avenue: Closed to all traffic for replacement until late December. A detour is posted.
• South Main Street/Wilbeth Road intersection: Lane restrictions will narrow traffic approaching the intersection from all directions. Construction will continue for widening, new signals and sidewalk installation until the end of November. Access to all businesses will remain.
Elsewhere in Summit County:
• I-77 in Fairlawn, Richfield and Bath Township: I-77 in both directions between the Cuyahoga County line and Cleveland-Massillon Road will have nightly lane restrictions for bridge repairs until further notice.
• Highland Road in Macedonia: Closed just west of Roll and Hold Parkway. This is part of a project to construct a bridge over the railroad between South Bedford Road and Valley View Road to be completed in August 2013.
• State Route 82 eastbound to I-271 northbound entrance ramp in Macedonia: Closed until the completion of the Highland Road bridge project. Detour is Macedonia Commons Boulevard to state Route 8 to I-271.
• I-76 eastbound, from just west of state Route 94 to the Summit County line: All barriers for the project have been removed and full lanes are open on I-76 and U.S. 224 through the construction zone. Only minor cleanup work will remain. The project will resume during next year’s construction season.
• Beechwood Drive, between North Harmony Street and Lindenwood Lane in Medina: Closed until early December for road reconstruction. Local access will be maintained during most of that time. A detour is posted.
• U.S. 224, at its overlap with Rivers Corners Road between state Route 301 and U.S. 42 in Homer Township: Closed as part of a railroad bridge replacement. A detour is posted. The road is expected to reopen in December.
• Mud Lake Road, from Daniels Road west to Westfield Road in Westfield Township: Closed until Dec. 10 for railroad bridge replacement.
• State Route 5 in Charlestown Township: Rock Springs Road is closed on the northbound side of Route 5 through late November. Detours are posted.
• I-77 in Canton, Pike and Bethlehem townships: I-77 in both directions between state Route 800 and the Tuscarawas County line will have lane restrictions for paving through late November.
• North Main Street, from Applegrove Street to Orion Street in North Canton: Restricted to one lane of traffic in each direction for road reconstruction. Driveway access will be maintained throughout the project, which is expected to be completed in December.
• State Route 172 between Glavera Avenue and Myerson Avenue in Canton Township: Closed through late November for bridge replacement. A detour is posted.
No current projects to report.
Elsewhere in Northeast Ohio:
• I-77 bridge deck replacement in Brecksville, Broadview Heights and Independence: Through fall, there are overnight lane closings on I-77 between Wallings Road and I-80. On Valley Parkway over I-77 in Brecksville, two-way traffic is maintained with a temporary signal until further notice. On Oakes Road, Highland Drive, Snowville Road, Lacy Lane, Harris Road and Chestnut Road, only minor work remains.
Traffic planners: Please fax traffic updates to 330-996-3033.