Facts and figures on Kent State vs. Arkansas in a first-round College World Series baseball matchup:
When: 5 p.m. today.
Where: Omaha, Neb.
College World Series appearances: Kent State, first; Arkansas, sixth.
Record: Kent State 46-18 overall, 24-3 Mid-American Conference. Arkansas: 44-20 overall, 16-14 SEC.
• Coach: Scott Stricklin.
• Projected starting batting order: 1. Evan Campbell, junior, center field; 2. Jimmy Rider, senior, shortstop; 3. David Lyon, senior, catcher; 4. George Roberts, junior, first base; 5. T.J. Sutton, sophomore, right field; 6. Nick Hamilton, junior, designated hitter; 7. Sawyer Polen, freshman, third base; 8. Alex Miklos, freshman, left field; 9. Derek Toadvine, sophomore, second base.
• Projected starting pitching rotation: 1. David Starn, senior, left-hander; 2. Ryan Bores, junior, right-hander; 3. Tyler Skulina, sophomore, right-hander.
• Key reserve hitters and fielders: Sophomore Troy Summers, senior Joe Koch, junior Jason Bagoly and freshman Tommy Monnot.
• Key relief pitchers: Junior right-hander Casey Wilson, freshman left-hander Brian Clark, sophomore left-hander Michael Clark, senior right-hander Ryan Mace, freshman right-hander Josh Pierce and freshman right-hander Eric Dorsch.
• Notebook: Roberts leads the KSU offense in batting average (.368), runs batted in (64), slugging percentage (.561) and sacrifice flies (nine). ... Rider is batting .364 with 56 RBI and leads the Flashes in hits (103), runs (66), doubles (29) and on-base percentage (.432). ... Lyon is hitting .279 with 41 RBI and tops the team in home runs (10) and walks (50). ... Hamilton is batting .347; Campbell, .327; and Sutton, .305. ... Starn and Skulina pace the pitching staff with 11 wins each and Bores has nine victories. Starn’s earned-run average is 2.21. He has 123 strikeouts in 114 innings. ... Bores and Skulina have an ERA less than 4.00 and have worked more than 100 innings. ... Wilson leads the bullpen with seven saves, and Brian Clark and Mace have four apiece.
— Michael Beaven