Ralph Davila, the 2012 president of the Akron Area Public Relations Society of America, is the proud owner of a 2011 Harley-Davidson Street Glide motorcycle.
Here’s his background.
• Education/experience: Bachelor of arts from Kent State University in journalism and public relations, working on a master’s at Kent State. Previously worked as public relations/marketing director at the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Earlier worked at Keathley Advertising and JC Power Strategic Communications.
• Proud of: His blue-collar roots. Davila’s father is a Steelworker; his mother is a store manager.
• Interests: Motorcycling, vinyl records, tennis, rock music.
• Listening to: Avenged Seven Fold (rock). “I’m a big Cream fan, Eric Clapton, Def Leppard, Stevie Ray Vaughn.”
• Favorite author: Edgar Allan Poe.
• I’d rather be: “Riding my Harley. This is the perfect day. The sun is out.”
Compiled by Katie Byard